None of us are new to stress. Stress cropping up before an exam or a job interview is very natural. Sometimes, the pressure to meet family and work demands leaves us in a perpetual state of stress which goes by the term chronic anxiety. It is high time to try something to get rid of it as stress affects a person’s quality of life.
CBD and stress:
The rising popularity of CBD is strongly related to people’s increase in stress levels and CBD serves as the answer for handling stress. Though there is lack of extensive research regarding effectiveness of CBD, users of CBD have been raving about it. Though there are clinical trials underway, there is sufficient evidence that CBD helps with
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorder
Struggling with stress/anxiety on a regular basis? Try CBD tincture available at JustCBD store. Their tinctures are made with natural oils. Take few drops of their flavorful tinctures under your tongue and let cannabis uk take over your stress.
How bad is anxiety?
1 in 4 Americans are affected by some anxiety disorder during their lifespan – it could be feelings of dread, unpreparedness or danger recurring often and thereby leading to racing negative thoughts and physical reactions. The biggest underlying reason for anxiety is stress. Chronic stress makes your brain feel anxious.
Stress triggers your brain to remember and anticipate situations thus making you feel more anxious. A human body isn’t designed to handle a recurring state of panic. Increase in the level of stress hormones leads to:
- Digestive problems
- Heart disease
- Weight gain
- Weakened immune system
- Endocannabinoid imbalance
- Muscular tension
How does stress impact your brain activity?
Apart from causing physical changes to our body, stress alters the way our brain reacts. Certain regions of the brain atrophy and shrink or become hyperactive. Though you de-stress your life, these changes in the brain persist. To restore balance, you need extra support.
How does CBD help with handling stress?
- Serotonin: Though many people associate this neurotransmitter with happiness, its role is complex and its effects depend on its location and what it binds to. Among the 14 different receptors of serotonin, CBD binds with 5-HT1A which is believed to play a strong role in anxiety disorders.
- Endocannabinoids: Cannabinoids are naturally produced by the body and used by the brain and body in the endocannabinoid system. When in stress, the system becomes deregulated. CBD prevents over-stimulation of CB1 receptors, boosts endocannabinoids production and restores balance to the endocannabinoid system.
- Neural regeneration: Though chronic stress is known to damage neurons and shrink the brain particular areas of brain have the capability of regeneration. CBD counterbalances the damage caused to brain during stress by boosting the regeneration process.
Incorporating CBD with your anxiety treatment plan will give effective results. Consult with your doctor and ensure CBD doesn’t interfere with other medication.